Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stories from the children

Our family has been in a motel this week while Aaron is working here in the area.As a way to pass time the children and I were outside on the grass this afternoon when the boys found a "hop toad".I just laughed and laughed as I enjoyed watching them.Austin had a new birthday toy to help occupy his time but Bryce desperately needed the entertainment.Austin was the one who originally caught it after Emilee spotted it but of course would not touch it.Austin played with it on his scoop tractor for a few minutes then turned it over to Bryce.While Austin was trying to get it back in his grasp at one point he said"you're a cute little guy aren't you".I smiled as I thought of his perspective while I looked at this dull colored lumpy spotted creature that I honestly didn't want touching me.He is such a tender heart that he just dearly loves any kind of creature.Must be nice to see all the creatures through those eyes.Bryce tortured the poor creature for several minutes.He kept calling it little baby until Austin informed him it was not a little baby but a big kid.It took him a minute to break the habit but he finally got it right.He was a little ditressed when mommy proclaimed it time to go inside.He was afraid the "hop toad"might hop away where he couldn't find it.I assured him that it or a friend might be around the next time we were out to play.

On another note,the children went to a party a few days ago with Aaron's parents and his cousin Jeff.On the return home they had to talk to an officer because of an excessive speed issue.When the officer walked up and asked if everyone ws buckled Austin said"Jeffrey wasn't".The officer said,"well he is now" and Austin said "but he wasn't."The officer was so amused that by the time he came back up he wanted to know who it was that Austin was ratting on.He said"Is it his dad"?and Austin said nope my cousin.Needless to say nothing serious came of the reason for the stop.Later when we asked Austin if he was trying to get Jeff in trouble he said, "No".I guess it was just a case of a child's extreme honesty.

Well I'm off to find more ways to entertain my kiddos.I have made up some interesting games the past couple of days.Any suggestions?

COMING SOON : BIRTHDAY PICTURES AND MORE.(when I am able to load them to a computer)I know a post without pictures isn't quite the fun.

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

:-) Leave it to your boys! :-) That Austin is about the sweetest kind I know (evidently when he isn't ratting someone out :-)
I once had a discussion with a patient about rather a (nonexistent) "big frog over there in the corner" was a "jumping frog" or a "leaping frog". We decided it looked a whole lot more like a leaping frog. LOL :-p

Leah & Jon said...

I smiled at Austin's perspective, but laughed right out loud about Bryce torturing it! I'll take pictureless posts!!

Where are you?? I tried calling you several times today!