Sunday, July 5, 2009

What DO you do on a rainy 4th

The fourth of July is,in my book a bad day for rain.Of course I am not a big fan of rain too many other times either but it was quite a bummer that it rained all day on a day that's supposed to be full of outdoor activities.Here is what the children and I and a little later Aaron managed to find to entertain ourselves for the afternoon and evening in spite of the rain.
We sat in the suburban with the back opened up until shortly after the fireworks started then decided to go ahead and get wet so we could see better.Bryce chose to stay in the suburban.I think something about the "fire" part of fireworks didn't make him real comfortable.He was afraid they were burning the sky up.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: 4th o fJuly
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

8 comments:

michelle said...

hope you are all doing fine. we had a rainy 4th too. we had a cookout but had to eat inside. we didn't get to see any fireworks.

Becky said...

I was so excited to see you had posted pictures! I think it rained all over the country on the 4'th. We went to the church community day and had eaten, done a couple bounce houses, and it started to pour and thunder and lightning. Then it poured that night while we waited for the fireworks. That was so clever and creative of you though to do the cupcakes and coloring pages - such a good idea! Though Uncle Sam wasn't exactly the most patriotic, I have to say the coloring job Austin did was quite good!

Becky said...

I just saw the most awesome word when I went to read Leah's comment on your last post. It was "unveaky". I would just love to walk up to someone and be like "You're so unveaky!" I don't know what it is but it sounds like a great word! :)

Leah & Jon said...

Hey haven't looed at the pix et, but I had to tell Beck the word just now is sessup. I think it has something to do with a confession session, but I could be wrong...

The Taylors said...

Not a bad use of the dreary day at all!! Looks like a lot of fun to me!

Becky said...

We're so ridiculously silly about those words but I giggle every time I read someone's clever, new ideas about a word.

Becky said...

Okay, I'm sorry but this one is just too funny - "dingedew" :)

Aimee said...

Just yesterday I had scrolled through to see who updated, and yours said 2 months I think, and now today.. it said 6 days. So confusing.. and now it has put me behind from when you actually posted. Love the pics.. and it sure seems like you made the best out of the day you had. I have to say though, here in Albany it did NOT rain. I went hiking, out to dinner and attended the Albany fireworks without a drop.=) My posts are so far behind.. but maybe someday I'll get caught up!