Monday, April 19, 2010

Blessings

Aaron and I have tried to make it a habit in our married life to not have a car payment as well as a lot of other payments that a person can aquire, but as some of you know that has not always been the easiest choice for me when you try to ,for instance , take off to Greenwood for a day of shopping with family only to end up getting back to wherever it takes (home,Aarons work)to fix an issue with the vehicle that has decided not to cooperate for this trip.(I'm sure I didn't need to spend the money anyhow:)So after a couple of years of me being ready to upgrade but needing to sell what we had first to make it happen without a loan God blessed us last week with a buyer for our '96 suburban that we have had for six years and 180,000 miles. We've known for some time what we wanted our next vehicle to be so were planning to take our time in finding one in the right price range for us. Just within hours of us selling the suburban we got a phone call from Aarons uncle who knew what we were wanting but didn't even know we had sold yet,telling us about a deal he had found. On monday we went to check out a slightly damaged in the front '02 ford excursion and found that we could get it for a right enough price that even after fixing it we still have the deal we wanted. So here is our upgraded set of wheels after one week of my husbands magic on a few of the body parts on the front of it.It is loaded with a lot of options,such as a dvd player, that to us are new and fancy and I did not think we would be getting for our budget even as desperately as I hoped. When you ride as many as 50,000 miles in a vehicle in a year with three(soon to be four)children that is an awesome feature.



I also got a new computer this week with a lot of cool features that many of you have enjoyed for a long time so I am jazzed!

8 comments:

The Taylors said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah for blog updates and for the AWEsome way God provides! Isn't He good?

Becky said...

Oh my goodness that is so awesome! I want to jump up and down for you guys (and I'm not being smart either). Especially the way it worked out. So cool. It looks GREAT too!
We just paid our car off and are planning on being able to "roll" that money into our debt/snowball effect like we have been learning in the Dave Ramsey sessions. We will probably not ever buy brand new again unless we can afford to pay cash for it but I am thankful that we have had something that we haven't had to spend money on fixing and we haven't had to get something else because the last couple years would NOT have been good timing for that. If we DO have to get a new vehicle at some point, we'll just have to find someone that we think knows what they're doing looking at used cars 'cause that's not exactly Kevin's forte.

Becky said...

Okay, I feel silly now. I was so excited about the new vehicle that I completely missed the part about the computer till I went back to look at the pictures again. Happy about that too. Does that mean we will hear from you more? :)

Leah & Jon said...

Oh I'm jazzed too! Admittedly maybe more because of the possibility of more frequent updates with the new computer, but... That was really cool how the car situation worked out!

Lynette said...

Becky hopefully I will be able to keep up a little better since I now have a faster computer and a card reader which makes getting pictures to the computer much less hassle.I'll try anyways.

The Taylors said...

Funny Beck cause I DID notice about the computer when I was reading and still completely forgot when I was commenting.

Aimee said...

I have been waiting for what seems like forever for updated posts. :)

Isn't it awesome to look back and see just how God provides? He knows just when we are in need and supplies abundantly! Very happy for you!

michelle said...

I like your new truck. Congradulations on your new baby. Hope things are ok with you.