Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm thankful for...

As children growing up we frequently said something we were thankful for around the Sunday diner table. I seldom ever do that anymore but try to often find reasons to be thankful even when I don't voice them like that. These are a FEW,and I stress few since there are new blessings each day and the list is soooo long, of the things I am thankful for this season and always.

- my sister Joy(especially, since she just pulled through a scary time of extreme sickness)
- my other sisters,Rachel,Becky & Leah
- my brother Timothy(Bud)
- my parents
- three beautiful children
- a loving and hard working husband
- extended family
- the assurance of sins forgiven
- a big (at least to us)house
- a job to provide for our family
- great in-laws
- a slightly deformed garage door instead of injured boys (DON'T ASK!!)
- a dented suburban instead of an injured husband (yes,our life stays interesting:)
- family get togethers always a blast!
- a healthy new nephew
- five nieces and another nephew
- Christmastime I love it !
- flowers
- my laundry/hobby room
- visits with friends

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
-- Epictetus
And now I am off for a few days to do something I don't get to do too often; spend Thanksgiving with family.

3 comments:

valeria said...

Hey Lynette, I enjoyed reading this post. I'm so glad Joy is doing so much better.

michelle said...

It is nice to have so many blessings. Hope you all are doing fine. We think about you often.

michelle said...

I just wanted to let you know that I don't have a blog anymore. I don't have many things to post and not time to sit and do it. Hope you are doing fine. Maybe we could get to gether sometime if you want.