Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A day in the Life


Aaron came home from work early today and brought me these.

I thought these pictures portray the personality of this little guy quite well.

This is what he was doing with his hat after we refused to let him throw it out the window on the way home from church.

Aaron was sitting chatting with me yesterday while I sorted laundry,when Austin came down just crying as hard as he could and carrying the q-tip box.I knew that what he said as he walked up was,"there's a ball stuck in my nose"and as my brain quickly processed that I thought ,I know we don't have a ball in the house small enough to fit up his nose.So I said,"a ball up your nose"and he said,"yah,a piece of this ball"as he held out a super ball.So Aaron said Ok blow your nose as hard as you can.He blew a mighty blow and sure enough out came a colored piece of rubber.Aaron and I just burst out laughing. When we asked how it happened he said"I put it up there and I thought I could get it out.I guess the q-tips were to aid the removal process.

9 comments:

Leah & Jon said...

Oh dear! Life never gets boring huh?

Pretty flowers! You know me and flowers. My mini rose bush... :( I'm gonna tell Jon he can only get cut flowers because he's getting discouraged with potted plants because I just manage to kill them!

P.S.
Thanks for sending my pinking shears! I had actually forgotten about them and was quite surprised to find a package outside my door!

Aimee said...

One of my sisters when she was very young loved to put things up her nose! A wad of tissue and I think even some bologna at one time. Mom always had to rescuse her.

Flowers just help make your load a bit lighter and your day a bit brighter when someone goes out of their way to get you flowers. Lovely.

Becky said...

Oops! I'm sitting here reading your blog while my students are doing a History test and I just laughed out loud about the ball up the nose. I had a student last year that I was warned about because he stuck all kinds of weird objects in his EAR! He even had to go to the emergency room when he was in third grade because of sticking something in his ear. It was actually kind of odd at his age though!

Becky said...

Sorry, also meant to mention that I loved the flowers - so pretty!

Becky said...

If it makes Bryce feel any better, his cousin shares his feelings about hats most of the time!

The Taylors said...

Oh my, what a great crew you have! I want those pictures of Bryce too!! :-) Sad thing is, I bet given another great idea, Austin is likely to stick another "foreign object" where it wasn't intended to be.
The flowers must have just boosted your spirits. John laments the fact that he doesn't go anywhere without me so he can't get me any flowers, but he brings in stuff he finds out and about, and actually end up with a more interesting variety in the long run.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "Kids and holes" accidents waiting to happen. It seems no matter what kind of hole, or where the hole might be, they are sure to put something in it.
Lovely flowers, thoughtful of your hubby.

Lisa Holloway Slater said...

Hi Lynette,
I found your blog while looking at your sisters' blogs. It is great to catch up on your life and see your kids. They are so cute.

The Taylors said...

Just checkin' for new pictures! :) Miss you guys!!