Saturday, July 19, 2008

FULL,FUN WEEKEND

We had a very fun filled weekend here and I thought everyone might enjoy seeing what we did.



Friday was Aaron's company picnic at the park that we have memebership to through Cummins.They mostly have a lot of fun things for the children to do but it is fun to watch them play.The park also has campsites. So, when we found out they were having the picnic there,we decided to take the camper over and stay the night when the picnic finished at eight. We,along with the children, were pretty wore out by the time it was over so we sat by the lake and watched the ducks for a while then I gave the children baths and tried to get them to bed so I could take some time to enjoy myself with a magazine.Well,a certain little boy of mine does everything he can to keep from going to sleep so I ended up sitting beside him trying to get him relaxed enough to sleep instead of enjoying the magazine.

This morning I made up french toast and fruit smoothies for us then we went to the paddle boats.The children love to paddle boat and usually like to help out with the paddling.However,this afternoon I got stuck on the bigger four seater boat with the boys, and Emilee and Aaron were on a two seater together after her and I started out together and couldn't get the boat to steer anywhere besides circles.The problem with that was that Austin was not in a paddling mood this morning so I got to do ALL the paddling for our big boat while Emilee helped Aaron paddle the smaller boat.Anyway,we enjoyed our thirty minutes of water time.After we finished there,Aaron and Emilee went back to hook up the camper while the boys and I went to the playground and waited.Austin loved the digger toy that they had in the sand and thought he would die because another little boy was on it for a very long time.He said,"mommy he's been on it longer than anyone else."He did finally get another turn before we

left.



Bryce had made a candy filled straw and when he tipped it he covered his face in powder.The ladies there were amused that I had to get a picture before letting daddy wipe it off.Emilee's tiara face paintingAustins puppy dog face painting.Daddy had to go on the big slide with Bryce.the boys were watching ducks on the lake


Austin insisted that he and Bryce match for the day

Austin said he didn't care if the mommy duck got him,he wanted one of those ducks.

I try to be photogenic but I just can't:)



Emilee had great success at the bubble booth and I was proud that I got this shot.




The sand and spin art pictures that the kids loved making

This is us at the photo booth:)A picture of a picture that is why the blur


Is this a classic or what?

I am going to try to get my posts in nicer layout form so you don't have to scroll thru fifteen thousand pictures but right now I am doing good to have time to post.

7 comments:

The Taylors said...

What fun!! I share your photo taking inabilities, I would think it ran in the family but then there is Becky to debunk that theory! :-P Your Bryce, too much, certainly his own person! And what a sweet treasure you got in Austin (though I know she challenges that belief with you at times). Tell Emilee I like her face tiara.

Becky said...

Yeah! Woohoo! I have been checking your blog religiously waiting for an update. I LOVE the pictures! I thought the ones of the boys watching the ducks and the one of Bryce with the glasses was particularly cute (of course I was impressed with the bubble pic. and I thought the pic. of Emilee and her daddy was awfully cute too!)

Aimee said...

Fun Filled... sounds just right!
I'm so glad you guys had a nice time.

Keep up with the posts.

michelle said...

Looks like alot of fun. I like how you all match. I think that is so cute.

The Taylors said...

Just thought you should know.......you are AWESOME!!

Becky said...

Cool, I see that you got your links up and some kind of counter. Also a new quote. You know, some of us wouldn't mind or think it's odd if you just take snapshots of your kids (or whatever) and post them in between loads of laundry and taking care of the kids. :)

The Taylors said...

Ditto to what Beck said, bring on the snapshots, we would enjoy them!