Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our Fourth of July

"Cheese"
What is up with that?It would have been decent if I would have opened my eyes.
Drew as happy as a lark at midnight
For once maybe Jeff was the only sensible one.

You'll notice the table that Aaron and Craig are sitting on.They hauled it out of a nearby horse shed and were cracking jokes about how they always carry a table along.I wasn't about to sit on it.It looked like it would fall right through.Aaron sat down and said"ok hurry and sit down on the other end."This next set of pics is a mix between Thursday and Friday.


This was Bryce's fireworks look.He didn't totally dislike them,just kind of.
Austin was intent.
The children decided they might be afraid so they crawled under the table.

I thought this was especially cute

Allison & Emilee
Shane & Brenda
Pastor Bell,Aaron,Emilee ,Austin & Bryce
Brooke & Emilee
Connor & part of Michelle


Ok everyone.I am finally back with some pictures and tidbits from the holiday.I almost have two loads of laundry done already this morning so I decided I would give myself some time to blog while I am waiting to put another load in.



We had a great holiday weekend but we were constantly on the go it seemed like.Thursday night we went to fireworks in Greensburg with the Bell family.After fireworks we went and hung out on starbucks patio for a while.I think it was about midnight by the time we left there but we had a great time.I got up Friday morning and washed some dishes and did a couple of loads of laundry then we went to my in-laws to have lunch with them and Shane and Brenda's family.We came home in time to put laundry in the dryer and get the children looking presentable to go to fireworks again that evening.We went to a park in the Columbus area that has really good ones.We actually are supposed to have membership to the park through Cummins but we had not renewed our cards for this year so were not sure whether we could get in without paying the parking fee.They ended up letting us and Shane's vehicle in which was a nice break from the $20 per vehicle parking fee.After treking all the way across the park and being asked if we were on the fire department because we were in the roped area,(we thought that was a nice way to ask even though the answer was kind of obvious) we found our spot.We had just a few minutes to settle in before they started.THey had some really nice fireworks and I think we all enjoyed them a great deal.After fireworks we needed some supper so we headed to steak and shake.Our waitress was a good sport for a group like us at that time of night.Once again we were late getting home but the fun was worth it.




5 comments:

The Taylors said...

Sounds like you did have a fun, full weekend, and lots of great scrappin' pictures! Loved the pictures!

Becky said...

LOVED the pictures. It sounds like you all had so much fun! I was laughing about the fire dept. thing - you should have said, "Yep, we are ALL helping set the fireworks off - even the junior firefighters." I think
Bryce shares Kay's sentiments about fireworks. And, that table did look like it was bowing in in the middle of it.

Aimee said...

What a busy weekend for you guys. It's times like these that help add to the fun! Cute pics!

michelle said...

Half of me is fine. It covers up all the rough edges. I had fun that night too. I went to Starbuck's the other day. They said they are going to close sometime between now and march of next year. I told the lady I was very disappointed. I stiil can't believe the table didn't break.

Leah & Jon said...

Great pix! I think someone should make sure shane gets the memo about this being '08 though! :)