Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The terrible,awful,no good,bad day

or something like that.

Yesterday started out like a normal day except that Aaron had taken off work to rebuild a motor at home.I worked inside the house for a while then went out and was helping him on the motor.He had determined he was going to have to make a trip to Columbus for more parts so we were just finishing what we could before we left.
Before we got ready to leave,Daniel and Kristin stopped by so they could get fuel for their truck.All of the children took off to the creek to play.There is absolutely no water in the creek so I was not at all worried that they had gone down there.However,after several minutes we heard what we thought was Emilee screaming bloody murder.I was not even sure,though,if it was her or if she was playing so while the guys went running down the dry creek bed to where they were at, Kristin and I were still trying to decide if it was serious enough for us to go.We finally started hearing more children start crying so we decided we better go back and see what was going on.I met Austin part of the way back so I picked him up to try to console him as he's saying "Jozalyn is lost".I got him to quit crying then headed back into the woods carrying him part of the time.Sure enough Kristin was trying to get the other children into the yard while Daniel and Aaron were desperately searching for Jozalyn.I sent Austin back to where the others were so I could start my own search.For those of you who are not aware,our woods are very small and border a mowed yard and house on one end and fence rows up a good ways on both sides so we could not imagine why we could not find her.We began to get just a little worried about the pond at the neighbors even though she is a very avid swimmer.After several minutes(but not a long time)of looking Aaron said,"we better put an emergency call in",so he called 911 and gave her description and everything then we went back to where the children were to try to get more information out of them as to what was going on when she disappeared and stuff.While Aaron and I were with the children Daniel and Kristin were yelling her name more and more frantically all the time and when Daniel yelled once I knew I heard something so I yelled at the children to be quiet so I could here it again and sure enough it was her so Aaron took off in the direction that we had heard her and then I directed Daniel that way and he took off.Right as they yelled to let us know that she was,indeed, found,the police showed up.Quite the excitement!
With that situation over with,we headed to Columbus to grab a bite to eat and get parts.On the way,a noise that we had been hearing in the suburban got louder.We got to the shop and Aaron put it on the lift to check it out,only to find out that we couldn't drive it home so thankfully his dad's truck was there and we were able to switch everything to it and head home.When I was getting my final load out of the suburban and Aaron was getting ready to move it I slipped in a gravel patch and fell down.I was afraid Aaron would start moving and run over me so I hollered real loud to make sure he knew I was down.After he helped me in the truck we started our trip home,we realized ,as we were at the edge of town ,that he had forgotten the main thing he had gone for.We did finally make it home by 11:30 or 12:00,I think.
This is probably not your favorite post of mine but it's a little peak into my life that I thought my long distance family would be somewhat interested in.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! I'd say that is more than enough adventure for a couple months or so! Goodness!

The Taylors said...

You forgot the "really" before bad I think! :-) Boy, glad it was a "happy ending" story. Bet she put an extra year or two on her parents age.

Leah & Jon said...

Yikes! I take it she wasn't hurt or anything?

Aimee said...

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my !!!!! What a day that must have been! Aren't you glad that each day gives us a chance for a clean slate to start with?!

Glad things ended up ok... except for your fall. =/

Becky said...

Like the facelift but new post...?